Summary of Responsibilities: The Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk is responsible for maintaining and processing financial records, receipts and payments. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Key Functions Include:
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Displays highest customer service standards when interacting with customers and vendors.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 3+ years AP/AR experience
- 3+ years Quickbooks experience
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Highly Organized with strong Attention to Detail
- Data Entry Skills
- General Math Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience in manufacturing accounting
- Position is located in Austin, TX
- Monday through Friday 8:30-5:30
No travel required