Summary of Responsibilities:
The Cannabis Research Scientist will be responsible for the creation, oversight, maintenance and successful analysis of experiments related to the efficacy of various spectrums of light as they support the growth of cannabis. You will conduct scientific experiments, report results, and apply the knowledge to develop new products and new processes which will lead to increased yields and plant health for our customers. This position will collaborate closely with other researchers, marketing, manufacturing, quality, and sales/service to successfully develop and launch new products in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct scientific greenhouse and lab research and report findings in the format of research reports, technical reports and presentations to deliver project objectives such as new products, new processes, and product improvements in a timely manner.
- Document all scientific methods and processes
- Formulate hypotheses with management and on your own
- Track cultivation success under different LED spectrums and continually assess the effectiveness of your research while modifying experiments
- Drive innovation through interaction with academics, industry experts, and customers of the company to understand new technologies, new research methods, and consumer trends.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in other research departments, marketing, manufacturing, quality, and sourcing to successfully develop new products.
- Stay up to date on current and upcoming research methods and products throughout the industry and proactively work with management to stay ahead of the competition
- Provide technical support to technical sales team and customers.
- MS or PhD. in a relevant biological science emphasizing horticulture or floriculture greenhouse production
- Strong working knowledge and interest in propagation, potted plant production, and postharvest physiology
- Industry and/or academic work experience in potted plant postharvest physiology
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct specific research to answer questions and solve problems to develop and commercialize postharvest products or technologies.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Scientific curiosity, personal drive and networking abilities
- Ability to work well independently and be accountable for results
- Ability to communicate hypotheses, findings and results to management and sales staff
- Intrinsically motivated, highly organized
- Must be able to pass a background check
This is a full-time position that involves the knowledge, use and protection of highly confidential information. Our company culture places a high value on integrity and trust, respect and collaboration and offers an opportunity to add value to the organization and build strong professional relationships
- Experience in the biotechnology industries
- Experience studying the efficacy of lighting as it relates to horticulture growth
- Position is based in Denver, CO
- Non-traditional office hours may be required to complete job objectives
- Limited travel required for training or meetings. May travel internationally for research and tradeshows.