Summary of Responsibilities:
The Field Grow Consultant will travel nationally, with some international travel, to customer grows once our lighting solutions deploy in order to help our clients troubleshoot and adjust their growing protocols under our lights. When not in the field you will handle inbound help calls from our customers, offer insight to our sales teams and assist in the development of our website’s blog content.
Key Functions Include:
- Coordinate with sales team to identify customer grow operations needing your support. Arrange travel logistics and coordinate with client grow for your arrival.
- Assist customers in the proper installation of our lights over different crop types. Make adjustments for height and location placement to help customers maximize the effects of our lighting solutions over their plants.
- Analyze the horticulture environment and identify grow-related issues such as nutrient deficiencies, temperature problems, pests, etc
- Directs the application of technical procedures, timing and metering devices that control frequency, amount and type of nutrient applications; regulate humidity, ventilation, temperature and amount of light; and dispense fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides and fungicides.
- Monitor crop development and recommend the appropriate adjustments to maintain quality standards
- Maintain records of each grow you consult with to include crop type, type of solutions deployed, pre-existing environmental conditions, your recommended adjustments and progress outcomes. This data will be gathered to develop help guides for future customers
- Respond to inbound calls and emails seeking your expertise
- Maintain a current knowledge of growing techniques and activities. Maintain an awareness of new technologies and provide input for product development
- Provide feedback to our sales and marketing teams on growing techniques and other field solutions data you gather
- Create blog content for our website
- As you may be the only face of the company some of our customers see, maintain the highest customer service standards at all times. Be helpful, courteous, always follow through and promptly respond to requests for help
- 4 year degree in Horticulture or related field
- 5+ years of practical experience in a commercial greenhouse
- Must understand the effects of LED lights over different crops in different settings (greenhouses, dispensaries, vertical farms, etc)
- Thorough knowledge of all plant needs of crops including irrigation, ventilation, light conditions, temperature, humidity, fertilizer, chemical, insect and disease management, and crop timing.
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions necessary to identify a wide variety of conditions such as plant diseases, existence of insects, etc.
- Must have knowledge and ability to identify major plant groups and be aware of their culture and growth traits.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Naturally curious, intrinsically motivated and solution focused
- Master’s degree in Horticulture or related field
- Position is based in Austin, TX with frequent travel nationally. Some international travel required.
- Normal business hours when in the office. May work non-traditional hours while traveling or in the field
Work involves standing, walking, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, and carrying and lifting up to 35 lbs.