Fluence Bioengineering is the most progressive manufacturer of LED lighting systems in the North American horticulture market, and due to customer request, we are bringing our products and lighting design services to the European market. We have combined more than a century of expertise in photobiology research, semiconductor and lighting design to explore high-PPFD cultivation and wavelength impact on plant morphology.
We employ the industry’s best people and we are seeking a General Manager to lead our soon-to-be-launched European Horticulture Lighting division.
This position will design and build a highly effective lighting sales organization in Europe and the successful candidate with be responsible for meeting our strategic sales and marketing objectives in this geographic area. This position will report to the Vice President of Sales (in the USA) and will manage the profit/loss statement for the European market.
- Identify and develop overall European go-to-market strategy
- Quantify the total available market size for each segment
- Identify primary and secondary sales channels, key countries/regions, customers and product portfolio requirements
- Identify and develop the most effective distribution channels across the region
- Develop annual sales plan to support company goals and review performance against expectations
- Build and maintain relationships with key channel partners and customers
- Proactively identify and resolve customer concerns
- Ensure sales pipeline is filled with opportunities at various stages of the sales cycle and delegate to sales team as appropriate
- Provide detailed sales forecasting to senior management
- Work with VP of Marketing on product development, pricing, promotional strategies and European messaging
- Establish OEM channel and partner programs
- Continuously gather and analyze customer, market, and competitor data and provide feedback to senior leadership
- Select, evaluate, motivate and develop regional sales representatives to meet sales objectives while complying with government guidelines. Ensure sales team is placed strategically throughout Europe for maximum market penetration
- Work with Sales Operations Manager to define and deliver required training to sales network Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs to effectively reward the sales team for their contributions to the organization’s success
- Be knowledgeable of international variances in culture and legal issues pertaining to sales Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop key relationships Represent Fluence Bioengineering at applicable tradeshows and events
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 8-10 years of experience in the European commercial horticulture industry
- University degree in Business, engineering or a technical field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum five years in sales operations, business planning or sales support management
- Passionate about controlled environmental agriculture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in English
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Intrinsically motivated, highly organized
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to a growing sales staff
- Professional, intelligent, eloquent and driven
- Valid passport for travel
- A natural communicator, ability to develop relationships internally and externally
- Ability to interpret and manage financial statements
- Fluency in multiple languages
- Position is based in Europe
- Extended office hours may be required to complete job objectives
- This position will require extensive travel at times
- We offer a competitive compensation package, vacation time, holidays, an excellent work environment and we pay 100% of our employee’s health premiums (medical, dental, vision, life, disability).