Summary of Responsibilities:
The LED Assembly Technician is responsible for assembling LED fixtures according to customer orders, preparing packages for shipment and completing assigned tasks at the factory. Tasks will include general assembly of LED light fixtures, soldering, electrical and mechanical testing and inspection.
Key Functions Include:
- Ability to read and understand job specifications, schematics, shop orders and operating instructions
- Ability to monitor customer orders to assemble custom LED fixtures and accessories
- Use hand tools to complete projects
- Track and sort inventory
- Complete burn in process on all fixtures
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Ability to identify basic functional problems, take corrective action, and interface with supervisors and engineers to explain problems
- Conduct routine quality checks on products, review the performance of the machines and adhere to stringent safety codes.
- Make recommendations to management about any opportunities to enhance safety.
- Keep shop clean and organized
- Prepare packing materials, assemble packages for shipment and coordinate shipments as needed
- High school diploma or GED is required. College degree is preferred.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Effective team player
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- This position is subject to pre-employment testing for external candidates
- Self motivated and able to work independently
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individual will work in the factory and at times be expected to:
- Stand for prolonged periods, lift, bend, stretch, walk, crouch, and/or lay on floor.
- Be able to work 8:00 AM-4:30 PM on weekdays and may be needed for overtime work evenings and weekends
- May work more than 40 hours a week.
- Drug free, zero tolerance workplace
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.