The Horticulture Systems Associate will support our sales efforts for all inbound customer inquiries (phone, email and social media) and will effectively prioritize and forward or personally respond to all inbound customer leads from initial contact through order delivery.
Key Functions Include:
- Support our growing sales force through management of web sales platforms for order entry, payment processing, and system management.
- Respond to incoming customer inquiries across multiple platforms including phone, email, digital media, forums, social media, and in-person in a timely, respectful, and pleasant manner.
- Generate shipping quotes, proposals, and project quotes for clients.
- Recommend ideal lighting solutions for clients based on application of our lighting systems over their particular setups.
- Effectively communicate and distill complex lighting science issues and technical questions to a layperson’s understanding.
- Become established as a subject-matter expert through self-study and internal tutoring, with an emphasis on formal scientific data (peer-reviewed and repeatable), in order to provide clear information to clients.
- Work with the marketing team on outbound marketing strategies.
- Work effectively with and provide support to other members of the team to meet all client demands and queries in a timely manner.
- Share a passion and enthusiasm for the subject matter with clients.
- Three years of direct horticulture industry experience.
- Three years of sales experience
- Intrinsically motivated. The chosen candidate natively understands what needs to get done, and does it without being told.
- Digital and tech savvy. Must be fluent in today’s digital media platforms and eager to try new technology and tools to improve customer interactions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Business acumen to natively understand the goals of both the customer and BML.
- Ability to confidently lead and facilitate complex conversations across multiple functions, markets and customer bases.
- Strong influencing skills to verbal, written and presentation form with compelling insights that lead peers and partners to action in a fast, start-up environment
- BS in Horticulture Science, Biology, Business or related degree
- Experience in plant research or technical sales support role
Position is located in Austin, TX. Some domestic travel may be required. This is a high-energy, high-growth, critical role within a dynamic company within an explosive industry.