Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Summary of Responsibilities: The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for executing marketing campaigns and event project plans. Core responsibilities will focus on tactical execution, budget tracking, lead generation, onsite management, results measurement, and analysis for tradeshows, sales and marketing events, conferences, corporate office customer visits and digital marketing campaigns.
Key Functions Include:
- Assist event manager plans to complete events with objectives, themes, messages, and tactics for each program including booth layout, appropriate graphic treatment while managing multiple events simultaneously.
- Assist event manger to execute a cohesive and consistent customer engagement center model to enhance the corporate office meeting experience program. Follow procedures and processes including calendar management scheduling of conference room, executives, invited staff and distributing meeting objective documents.
- Serve as primary contact for assigned events. Communicate and coordinate across departments, assisting in setting and meeting marketing objectives
- Coordinate and manage logistics to include registration and housing, agenda, budget, meeting space allocation, audio-visual, special events, transportation and more
- Complete show service orders and purchase requisitions, track event budgets and ensure complete successful events within budget
- Load leads generated for assigned events into ERP event campaign
- Conduct research to identify and proactively contact all potential customer/partners and ensure follow up after each event.
- Conduct and coordinate pre-event meetings and training to help sales team prepare for event
- Conduct and coordinate post-event meetings to discuss any concerns, issues, etc. that occur during the event and identify solutions.
- Assist event manager to keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, promotional items and other display materials
- Maintain records of yearly shows (to include information such as which business units are affected, projected/actual expenses, deadlines, prior performance/results, etc.)
- Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants as needed.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Negotiate and secure event space.
- Coordinate shipping and/or packing of all exhibit materials
- Initiate, coordinate and participate in all efforts to publicize in advance of, during and post- event. This includes, but is not limited to, submitting for speaking and award opportunities.
- Work with printer and designer to develop collateral and other materials needed for events.
- Negotiate for best pricing with all outside vendors
- Prepare post event reports
- Assist event manager working with Marketing and Sales to develop product demonstration materials and related communication to all relevant target groups through public relations and social media
- Recommends, initiates and participates in activities to achieve optimal brand awareness and competitiveness.
- Manage food and beverage planning for large scale conferences of assigned events or assistance to the event manager
- Travel approximately 10% to 15% of time to event locations
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing with focus on campaign management and lead generation
- 2+ years’ experience in all aspects of trade show/event planning working within a marketing department
- Soft Skills
- Requires excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid creative problem solving skills
- CMP or CTSM a plus
- International event experience a plus
- Audio Visual integration a plus
- Experience in a technical, science, and/or horticulture industry a plus
- Experience managing customer visit program is a plus
- Accustom to completing predetermined event project plans and service orders processing is preferred
- Position is based in Austin, Texas
- Will work traditional office hours Monday through Friday as well as non-typical schedule evenings and weekends during events
- Frequent travel required for events
- Physical requirements to lift and install event displays