Summary of Responsibilities: The Product Marketing Manager will work cross-functionally with all internal teams to manage the product life cycle and ensure the best customer product experience in the industry. You are the voice of our clients and you will work in collaboration with leaders in our Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales/Marketing, and Customer Service teams to ensure successful product development, build, and deployment outcomes.
Key Functions Include:
- Represent the voice of the customer in the product development process; Ensuring product specifications and features are developed as defined to address customer need(s)
- Create compelling messaging and positioning of our products for specific vertical markets (Cannabis, Greenhouse Food Production, Greenhouse Ornamentals, and Vertical Farming) to be used across multiple platforms, including our website, sales sheets, advertising, PR and brochures:
- competitive benchmarking
- value propositions
- proof-points (i.e. beta testing/user case-studies)
- Conduct beta testing and compile customer feedback to refine product to ensure every aspect is designed as needed (hardware focus)
- Ensure components meet standards, packaging meets client needs and aesthetic design represents the Fluence brand.
- Customer Experience
- Enable successful client deployment of the product with proper documentation and video
- Spec sheets
- Product brochures
- Must be a strong influencer and team player. The ability to work together with different leaders to reach common goals is crucial.
- Proven b2b (b2c a plus) experience developing and executing high-tech product messaging and positioning across channels
- Deep understanding of the horticulture space, preferably with lighting experience
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Enjoy defining and launching products in a matrixed, multi-channel and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to distill complex and difficult information into easy to understand communications.
- Highly organized
- Persuasive communicator, Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Naturally curious, intrinsically motivated and solution focused
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- Position is based in Austin, TX
- Some travel may be required
- Because this is a highly impactful role, extended office hours may be required as needed
Work may involve standing, walking, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, and carrying and lifting up to 35 lbs