Fluence Bioengineering is looking for an energetic, self-starter with experience in the horticulture industry to develop existing accounts as well as identify and prospect new customers within an assigned sales territory. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good attention to detail and follow-up. Although a degree in horticulture is not required, plant knowledge is a must.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Horticulture Sales Representative is responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close. Will work with sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with the company vision and values.
Key Functions Include:
- Develop annual sales plan in conjunction with CBDO which details activities to follow during the fiscal year. This plan will include sales targets, potential revenue opportunity, expected sales cycle, competitive assessment, and key hurdles.
- Sell consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions Fluence offers. Provide timely and relevant information regarding our solutions regarding their crop performance, available marketing support and pricing.
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge to give effective presentation of solutions to clients.
- Advocate Fluence solutions and actively promote products to leverage Fluence value proposition to gain market share.
- Follow up on inbound sales leads and prospect for new customers.
- Demonstrate the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
- Demonstrate complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities using CRM system.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by working with sales support and customer service teams to ensure accurate order placement, on-time delivery and represent customer needs as they arise.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Participate and contribute in the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects and company employees.
- Represent Fluence at trade-shows, including setup and teardown of booths
- Provide bi-weekly reports detailing efforts and highlighting progress, obstacles, and any resource requirements that are needed from senior management to augment efforts.
- Three years of sales experience in the horticulture and/or lighting field. Degree in horticulture sciences preferred.
- Technology savvy. Must be functional with basic computer software and eager to try new technology and tools to improve customer interactions.
- Business acumen to natively understand the goals of both the customer and Fluence.
- Intrinsically motivated.
- Ability to confidently lead and facilitate complex conversations across multiple functions, markets and customer bases.
- Strong influencing skills through verbal, written and presentation forms
Position is located in multiple cities nationwide. Some domestic and/or international travel will be required. Work hours are flexible given this role is not a 9-5 job. Please anticipate extended work hours.