Summary of Responsibilities:
The SMT Engineer Shift Lead is responsible for leading the SMT department by creating processes and procedures that focus on quality and meet production goals.
Key Functions Include:
- Must be an expert with Surface-Mount Technology (SMT) electronic components and SMT assembly process
- Must be able to set-up and operate automated SMT assembly equipment including Screen Printer, Pick and Place Machine, and Reflow Oven
- Must be able to properly clean boards
- Able to perform basic soldering and rework of SMT components.
- Picks components and prepares kits for manufacturing
- Able to perform visual inspections of SMT assemblies
- Able to maintain accurate job tracking records
- Able to interpret IPC-A-610 standards for acceptability and customer specifications
- Must be familiar with and able to use hand tools, screwdrivers, pliers, cutters, etc.
- Shall maintain a neat appearance about self & work area
- Shall be accountable for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed
- Shall practice safe work habits and report unsafe conditions to supervisor
- Train co-workers and assist when problems arise.
- In conjunction with the production manager, define written processes and procedures for the SMT environment to meet production goals
- Identify and troubleshoot problems independently
- Keep management informed of obstacles to production and offer solutions
- Be accountable for the results of the SMT Shift team
- Review SMT related drawings, communicate any modifications necessary and order stencils and pick and place files
- High school diploma or GED is required. College degree is preferred but not required.
- 5+ years in an SMT engineering and/or lead role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to lead and motivate a shift team
- Effective team player
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- This position is subject to pre-employment testing for external candidates
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individual will work in the factory and at times be expected to:
- Stand for prolonged periods, lift, bend, stretch, walk, crouch, and/or lay on floor.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Be able to work Monday through Friday during operational hours with overtime as needed
- Non-traditional- May work weekends and/or evenings.
- May work more than 40 hours a week.
- Drug free, zero tolerance workplace
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.