Summary of Responsibilities:
The SMT Operator is responsible for the set-up of SMT components and makes adjustments such as speed and temperature to accommodate varying types and sizes of products. This position is for the first or second SMT shift. They are Monday through Friday from 7:00am-3:30 pm or 3:00pm-11:30pm.
Key Functions Include:
- Must be familiar with Surface-Mount Technology (SMT) electronic components and SMT assembly process
- Must be able to set-up and operate automated SMT assembly equipment including Screen Printer, Glue Dispensing Machine, Pick and Place Machine, and Reflow Oven
- Must be able to properly clean boards
- Able to perform basic soldering and rework of SMT components.
- Picks components and prepares kits for manufacturing
- Able to perform visual inspections of SMT assemblies
- Able to maintain accurate job tracking records
- Able to interpret IPC-A-610 standards for acceptability and customer specifications
- Must be familiar with and able to use hand tools, screwdrivers, pliers, cutters, etc.
- Shall maintain a neat appearance about self & work area
- Shall be accountable for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed
- Shall practice safe work habits and report unsafe conditions to supervisor
- Train co-workers and assist when problems arise.
- High school diploma or GED is required. College degree is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated core competence in soldering, electrical testing and inspection
- Must be able to complete online safety assessments given in English or Spanish
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Effective team player
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- This position is subject to pre-employment testing for external candidates
- Self motivated and able to work independently
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individual will work in the factory and at times be expected to:
- Stand for prolonged periods, lift, bend, stretch, walk, crouch, and/or lay on floor.
- Limited travel may be required.
- May have to use personal vehicle to perform job.
- Be able to work Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM or 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM
- Non-traditional- May work weekends and/or evenings.
- May work more than 40 hours a week.
- Drug free, zero tolerance workplace
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.